This sweet and spicy noodle dish is Thai inspired. It’s light and fresh and pairs nicely with Frey Organic Pinot Grigio.
o 16oz wide rice noodles or regular linguini pasta
o 4 chicken thighs, diced (optional)
o 3 tablespoons soy sauce
o 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
o 4 tablespoons honey
o 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
o 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
o ¼ cup sesame oil
o 2 cups shredded carrots, about 2 large carrots
o ¼ cup sliced green onion
o 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
o ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a large sauté pan heat about 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken thighs until golden, then set aside. (To make vegetarian you can omit from recipe.)
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles until al dente, approximately 6 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, shred carrots, chop green onions and cilantro
4. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, hoisin, honey, chili garlic paste, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
5. A couple of minutes before the noodles are done, in the large sauté pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat and add sauce and stir, and cook the garlic.
6. When noodles are done, drain, then add immediately to pan with sauce, add chicken, and stir until the noodles are well coated.
7. Top with carrots, peanuts, cilantro, green onion. Mix and serve with a chilled glass of our organic Pinot Grigio. Enjoy!
We always try to use organic ingredients when possible.
Frey Vineyards requires you to be 21 years or older to enter. Please enter your Date of Birth in the fields below in order to continue: