December 29, 2017 | Lisa Batson
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound baby bella (or crimini) mushrooms, minced
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup Frey Biodynamic Sauvignon Blanc wine
1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
2 sheets thawed puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the chopped onion. Sauté the onions for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the minced garlic, finely chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper, and the chopped fresh herbs.
- Cook until all of the moisture is out of the pan from the mushrooms, 7-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the flour and stir to combine. Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and Greek yogurt, mixing everything together.
- Once everything is combined turn off the heat and add the shredded Gruyere cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture to the middle of the puff pastry, top with cheese then roll into a log.
- Cut log into 1 inch rounds.
- Lay spirals on the parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with thyme leaves, and put into the oven.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve them while they're warm with a glass of Frey Organic Totality Sparkling wine. Enjoy!